The first thing we all notice about the Razer Mamba wireless / wired mouse is the high price point. Even for the most avid gamer, £135 seems to be a bit, well, ostentatious. My initial opinion was this had better be a real improvement over other offers of a gaming mouse. Let’s take a look at what we think in this honest Razer Mamba Mouse Review.
The Razer Mamba blew me away when I began to play with my new toy. It has a carefully considered design, an extra long battery life (much better than my cheapie wireless mouse) and the Click Force the ultra awesome Razer Chroma lighting system. This is an amazing tool for the very focused gamer, well worth the high piece of change that they are asking.
You might ask, what IS so special about this Razer Mamba mouse? I’m glad you asked because it’s a really big deal what this mouse will do for your gaming performance.
It has extra large textured mouse buttons, easy to find without searching so you don’t have to change your focus from the gaming screen.
- Has a whiz-bang good looking design, with a matte black finish that is stunning
- is fully wireless and comes with a charging dock, the dock is the clever wireless receiver
- has an incredible response time, upping your game, just 1 millisecond
- comes with a braided USB charging cord, meaning you can continue to play while charging, never having to be concerned about a dying mouse that ruins your game time, even though the battery life is a very long 20 hours, useful for the marathon gaming sessions
- Includes the patented Adjustable Click Force Technology. An amazing tool, this allows each of the buttons to be manually adjusted so that the actuation force is customizable for your gaming expertise. The screw can rotate 504 degrees, 15 settings per button, from 45g to 95g. The touch is so sensitive you can feel exactly each increment in the adjustment, which is simply manipulated with a hex key screwdriver. The normal adjustment is 75g to 80g, this can definitely be a game changer when rapid firing rounds in a sniper scenario.
Razer Mamba Tech Specs
- Up to 210 inches per second / 50 G acceleration
- 16,000 DPI 5G laser sensor
- Dual gaming grade wired/wireless technology
- Adjustable Click Force Technology
- 1,000 Hz Ultrapolling / 1 ms response time*
- Ergonomic right-handed design with textured rubber side grips
- On-The-Fly Sensitivity Adjustment
- Chroma lighting with true 16.8 million customizable colour options
- Nine independently programmable buttons with tilt-click scroll wheel
- Inter-device colour synchronisation
- Inter-device colour synchronization
- Charging dock
- 2.1 m / 7 ft braided fibre USB charging cable
- Razer Synapse enabled
- Battery life: Approximately 20 hrs (continuous gaming)
- Weight: 125 g / 0.27 lbs
- Size: 128 mm / 5 in (Length) x 70 mm / 2.76 in (Width) x 42.5 mm / 1.67 in (Height)
TheMamba is heavier than other models, because of the extra batteries inside and the above mentioned Adjustable Click Force Technology. Its curves and contours fit the right hand exactly and it has a unique gripping surface that keeps your hand from slipping and sliding when slick with sweat from the excitement of your game.
The 16,000 DPI laser sensor gives it extremely accurate and smooth tracking with virtually no lift off.
Profiles are easy to manipulate with macros and all 11 buttons can be customised for your unique specifications. It has the regular playback, edit and recording options with the software.
The Chroma Configuration tool allows you to customise the lighting; options include the scroll wheel, side stripes, the charging dock, layers of lighting, advanced patterns and individual light effects, something that is fun and entertaining. You can set the lighting to warn you of a low battery. The RGB LEDs have an effervescent glow about them. With 16 million color options, you can make it glow in any pattern and color you prefer.
The 16,000 DPI laser sensor gives a latency of less than 1ms, meaning as fast as your brain can configure, the mouse has done the task with a no lag response time. This is the fastest responsive gamer’s mouse available today.
Razer suggests the following customizations of the Click Force Technology for these specific games:
Click settings 1-3: approx. 45 g to 50g are best used in MOBA, RTS games that require rapid clicking for quick action.
Click settings 6-8: approx. 60g to 70g are best used in MMORPG, Action/FPS games that play well with a balanced click force.
Click settings 13-15: approx. 90g to 95g is best for World of Tanks, and Sniper games that require distinct and controlled clicks.
What it is missing? There are just a few tweaks I would like to see, but these are not necessities by any means.
- I’d like the Razer logo to be customisable on the lighting as it is with the Tournament Edition,
- I’d like to see a left-handed version offered for southpaws.
- I’d like storage features on the mouse, instead of all cloud-based storage. It’s inconvenient to have to install the Synapse software when I go to someone else’s place to play the games to download my settings.
The marketing gurus say that this is a mouse created for gamers, by gamers. The evidence is in the performance and handling that is the mainstay of this finely attuned product. If you were a mediocre gamer before, the advanced technology of this mouse will propel you to the next level in gaming, just because of your increased response time. If you were an excellent gamer, this will give you an exciting edge over your competition.
The world’s most advanced gaming mouse is aptly named and well warranted. The Mamba is packed with features that the serious gamer deserves, the 16,000 DPI sensor for the ultimate gaming speed, the full button array available to be customised to your specific needs, the lovely deep RGB lighting options with over 16 million colourways and the wireless and wired options that do not hinder game performance.
Then we have the marvellous and remarkable Adjustable Click Force Technology, that is every gamer’s dream. To be able to adjust each button to one’s unique touch and sensitivity is just the way to go for an absolutely splendid gaming performance enhancement. The incredible response time is perfect for the HD 4K displays that are becoming more affordable as the technology ages and the price point decreases, especially with holiday sales. The Synapse software is just the right touch to wrap up this package nicely with a bow. Is £135 an ostentatious price point? Nah, it’s definitely worth this price for the advanced technology exhibited in the Razer Mamba just like the Razer Mamba TE Mouse, the world’s most advanced gaming mouse. After all, that’s what gaming is about, being the best.
Razer Mamba 2016 Mouse Review
This is our pick for mice of the year! Simply this mouse is just amazing. We highly recommend this to anyone!
Leave a Reply